miChelle M. Vara’s work is visually diverse, structurally intriguing and tactilely rich. Whether in her sculptures, paintings or abstracted forms her personally hand-constructed work, cues a combined sensory and mental experience that stems from critical thought. She leads the on looker to personal definition through the visual possibilities using form, arrangement, dimensionality, material, texture and finish. Her choice in re-claimed material comes from her belief that objects capture energy, spirit and history. She is fundamentally concerned with expanding; learning, remembering, thinking and understanding. The work through relationships between what is, experiential, tangible and tactile, and what is metaphorical and spirit, creates a visual story based in research and experience.
Highlights from 2017 please visit the blog for details.
- ROADMANTIC -Ecological Awareness using tar and automobile parts.
- Garand Shot -Culture/ morality and the family unit in the current world condition.
- Evaluation of Spirit – Human change of time and experience.
- Seeds of Joy -Mutates – consistently nurtures fostering growth.
- Outdoor Public Sculpture for the Town of Seaside Heights, State of NJ in reflection of Hurricane Sandy. To be completed in 2018.
- Interconnected Noyes Museum, Oceanville NJ
- The Guide Adirondack Museum, Blue Mountain Lake, NY
- Respectful Remembrance In memory of the Twin Towers (911).
- Tribute to the “Twin Towers” 911- Response in metal sculpture NY State.
- Domestic Violence Awareness Project
- “Henry Hudson and the Half Moon” Hudson River Maritime Museum, Kingston NY.
- “General Knox and the Train of Artillery” Lakes to Locks Passage, Northumberland Park NY.
- Fun House Project (paint) USA traveling show
- Sinead O’Conner Tour (paint)
- Universal Studio’s, sculpted environment.
- John Wane Museum, (paint) Winterset, Iowa.
Please feel free to contact us- click here to send an email or call 518-587-8706.